There are a number of places you could find a great table top - you may even have something already that will work. Try these ideas:
- Architectural re-use centers - these businesses salvage materials from demolition sites, you can often find a good selection of table and bench tops for great prices. They may require some TLC on delivery.
- Online auctions and classifieds - try searching ‘solid wood table top’ on Ebay.
- Businesses that sell plywood or other sheet materials will often provide a cutting service, so you can measure up your space and get a table that is the exact size you need.
- IKEA sells a range of pre-made kitchen counter tops in laminated wood and other materials. Tabl is compatible.
Tabl design guidelines
- Minimum table top thickness 19mm (3/4");
- Maximum table top thickness 45mm (1 3/4");
- Maximum table top weight is 60kg (130lbs);
- For wood, plywood or laminate table tops, the maximum diagonal dimension between legs A is 1800mm (70”) and the maximum cantilever B is 300mm (12”);
- For brittle materials like stone, the maximum diagonal dimension between legs C is 850mm (24”) and the maximum cantilever D is 150mm (6”).
Not suitable for use with glass. Do not use stone or brittle materials that show any sign of cracking. If in doubt, consult your table top supplier about appropriate reinforcement methods, or consider using our table top support system available via our website.
In general, the stiffness of your table top will affect the overall stability of your table, so choose a thicker, stronger material where possible. If you need help selecting a table top, feel free to get in touch.
Need help? Contact Us!